Saturday, June 26, 2010

11/06/2010

Ahh~ the not so sweet habit of procastination..

Yea I know, I know, been MIA-ing for a while since my last post eventho I'm actually quite free to blog everyday as I've got nothing much to do but to stay at home, sleep till noon, watch movie, eat, do house work and occasionally exercise. BUT the thing is, I ain't got the mood to blog due to certain mood issues as you can read in my previous post.
Anyways, it seems like today I've got the mood to blog. So I've decided to blog about Friday (11/06/2010).

Here is the entry for...

11th June 2010,

I'm sure many of you local readers out there have been to Genting Highlands at least once or twice. I personally have been there more than 3 times. and all of those times, the only reason I have plans of going up to Genting Highland is to go into their theme park and well of course enjoy and scream my heart out on the rides.

Today was different, the plan of going up to Genting with Kean Lee for a one day trip was suggested on Wednesday, planned a solid plan on Thursday and went up there on Friday. So it was kind of impromtu thing.

Both of us had the same idea in mind before we shared it with one another. We both thought about going up to Genting to just to walk around, enjoy the fresh air up there, look at the other attraction of Genting besides its theme park, enjoy one another company and of course capture beautiful memories together.

And the plan for Friday was taking LRT to Gombak station, buy a bus and cable car package ticket up to Genting. Walk around, take pictures, go into shops around Genting as most of the time I was always rushing to get into the theme park.

You know, I'm one of those who love to keep myself busy, fill in my time with activities, make sure that I have things to do everytime and feel in control just so that I can feel accomplished. However one of the thing that Kean Lee taught me was to learn to take a step back, observe and let things flow. The beauty of life cannot be seen and felt if we bury our head into what we want, it can be seen and felt if we learn to slow down and look at our surrounding, step out of our busy schedule for a moment and see what we're missing out. A level have really rob us of our time and the people around us. We're stuck in our own little world of A levels exams, not knowing what is going on in the world out there, not even knowing the activities going around TARC.

Anyway, we got ourselves up at Genting by 10.30am. The first thing I did when we arrived was that I dragged Kean Lee into the souvenier shop and got my sis, his sis and my mom some souveniers. hehehe.
Then we walked around Genting, saw that there were other hotels besides Awana and Theme Park Hotel.(All the while I really thought there were only those hotels). The Lobby of the other hotels were more posh and they have leather sofa's for guests to sit on which also mean that the room rates are exquisite. It was an eye opener for me coz' whenever I do stay over at Genting, the rooms are usually from the 2 hotels I mentioned. Anyway, we just walked blindly, exploring routes of how Genting manage to connect the whole place... and Kean Lee got hungry thus we went looking for food. To our surprise, there were buffet deals at RM27 per person, eat all you can. But we weren't up for that that day so the most worth eating food was KFC. And indeed, the chicken was bigger (size) and they have cucumbers..hehe..eat till jelak. We sat at the indoor theme park area for quite some time, just to look at the people around us, the family, the atmosphere.


We went to took some flower pictures and also took some pics with the flowers ;


Went to an open area which was like a balcony, it was windy, cloudy and definately nice.
Didn't stay at the area for long as it was packed with people, some even smoking.

Another garden, and yes, uniquely twisted tree =D
We sat around Genting for awhile more and left for home at about 6pm. Reach hostel about 9pm due to jam packed situation at the skyway cable car and the scheduled bus time.

There are some things that we both enjoy in doing like looking at the sky, feeling the breeze hence somethings we have in common in, Which make us enjoy even more what we actually love doing by Being able to do what you love and share it with your partner.

All in all, This trip up was definately a memorable and beautiful one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article Thank you so much