Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Member in the Family!!!

As you can read from the title, yes, our family has extended. No, not extended as in my mom got pregnant. Extended as in we got new pets!!!

Anyway, let me just introduce to you all my darlings ;)

First up is Husky. I got him quite a few years back, can't remember how long he's been with my but definately more than 3 years. He's a rhodesien ridgeback mix. The original ridgeback is much bigger size than this current fella here. Ridgeback originate from Afrika ( if i'm not mistaken) as they're used in lion hunting.


* My faithful ol' guard dog *

* He has a beautiful ridgeback *

* Enjoying the wind *

* Awww....*

Then, i got my second dog. He was given to me by my aunt from Melaka. After she bought Chester, she only realise that she didn't like long hair dog. So she give it to me. I did not realise until i brought Chester back home to KL that he had skin problem, infected with hair lice, and there was once that his hind leg was infested with maggots. Yes, disgusting sight. How the maggots got there, long story. To cut it short, Chester skin/long hair condition is very sensitive to long exposure of damp/wet. So, i have to keep him as dry as possible. About every 1 month or so, Chester and I will have some grooming time. Anyway, about his skin condition, it was after alot of treatment and lots of love and care that Chester became healthy again.



* Tada! One handsome fella :D*

Third is my fish tank. Actually thanks to a good friend, i got back my passion to re- do my fish tank. Why did i give up on my fish tank in the first place? Well, i got quite fed up that all the fishes i keep buying keep die-ing. But now, my fish tank looks....nice?..xD...all i can say is that i love my fishes.



* At first it looked like this *

* Then, i did some redecorating *

Our forth animal, two cute rats!!!..heheh...okla, they are hamsters. They were also given by a friend, Mr. Warwick..hehe...they're both males ( if i'm not mistaken) so no babies. I had a good experience of having 20 plus hamsters at once so now, 2 hamsters is just nice. Nice to see, not nice to hold, they bite >.<

* I named this Pebbles *

* My sis named this Fluffy *

Fifth, our new member in the family. 2 birds. I don't know what is its exact name so i'll just show you the pic. Its my sister's by the way. The white one is male and the green is a female.

* Winter and Spring *

Wait! I'm not done yet. There are still a long list of animals that is waiting for me to include to my ''collection'' ...hehehe.

At the top of my list is a albino python.

* Isn't it a beauty *

* Close up on it's head *

* My new ( soon to be ) pet *

Second on my waiting list is a sugar glider. Its super cute!!!

* Awww...look at it...*

Third on my waiting list is a tarantula, but i didn't get to hold this though. So i took its pic through its transparent cage.

* Cool leh..hehe *

Note : All the picture above are taken using my trusty phone, Sony Ericsson K610i. I really did hold the python and the sugar glider :D

5 comments:

Nancy Alexandra said...

Ooh! Maybe you and I should buy a farm/ranch or maybe a zoo...Haha, its what my mother always says "If you want a zoo, wait until you move out ok? I will not have anymore pets in my house."
Hehe...then I'll threaten to buy a snake, so she'll never come visit! Muahaha...*feeling so cruel now* MUAHAHAHA...

Well, when I went through the whole "fish craze" I kind of gave up once they kept dying. As if watching them die once isn't enough, my dad would keep "refilling" the tank...So you can imagine how many fish I had all together.. (dad always made sure there were 10 fishes in the tank, said it was a lucky number)

Oh well, the phyton scared me for a moment, I thought you wrote - This is my other pet! Hhaha, then I was wondering how cool would it be to have a snake....hmm

Unknown said...

yes yes something must be wrong with our eyes nancy ! I also read it as the snake was her other pet....hehe..I want to join the farm too !! I like to have rabbits, tortoise and more fishes and dogs. I don't like snakes...if its in the tank its fine, but if its loose :-o OH NO !! can you imagine ....hahahah nice pics though.

nancy said...

Ya..the CNS should combine effort and open a mini petting zoo.

but if there is snake/s, i may not visit la :P

Anonymous said...

Haha..thanks for dropping by guys. Yea, we could combine and get a farm with horses (sarah, i'm not teasing you)i long to own my own horse, to ride my own horse...ahh, the freedom..xD

Alex, your 10 fishes in the tank are gold fish right? They die fast. Super sensitive to acidity of the water which is why it is costly to have gold fish. Yet, they look fat and cute..haha. It seems that my fish tank now look over crowded. I can't help but buy new, unique fishes whenever i come across one.xD

Depends what type of snakes you get, some are more aggresive, some are ok as long as you feed it...like the python. When i hold it, it was super friendly, ok maybe friendly is not that suitable but it wasn't threatening. Naturally, snakes WILL bite but it also depends on how you handle it. Anyway, i don't think i can afford a snake, just to get a snake, from a proper pet shop, not catch from the wild, cost thousand plus. That albino python cost about rm 1600. At least the sugar glider i still can afford.

And Aunty Nancy, if we ever do own a farm with snakes, i'll make sure the snakes are well feed and in their tank before you come visiting..xD

nancy said...

awww...that is so sweet Carmille, let me rethink about visiting...hahaha