Sunday, January 18, 2009

JANUARY 17 !!!!!



January 17, nothing to shout about as its just like any ordinary day except that it is The day when i was born few/many years ago...xD...hehe.

Well, i started college and now i'm in my 2nd week of class and 1st week of staying in a hostel. I'm currently studying Cambridge A level's in Tar college. yes its far from where i'm staying which is why i resided in the college hostel during the weekdays and go home for the weekend. Its like a new adventure for me, a different experience, an exciting one. Honestly I love it there, as in i don't mind the fact that I have to stay away from home, being in a big campus where I have to walk quite a distance everyday, having high school type classroom. I made new friends, having more responsibility, and new personal commitments. Somehow I feel that I'm in TarC for a purpose, besides studying.

One thing that i like most about staying in the hostel is that there is no distraction like Tv's or computers. =D ...During my stay in the hostel, i didn't thought that i would feel home sick until a friend of mine said i was. And when i actually gave a thought about it, maybe i was feeling home sick in a different way. What different way? Well, I don't like to leave my hostel room after coming back from class, just felt that my hostel room is so very comfy and I don't like eating out for dinner, just can't stand outside food, so I would just find something to eat in the 'bunch' of food that i brought. I guess i just miss the comfy-ness of home and home cooked food. Just for the record, I have a lovely roommate, from Kuching Sarawak. how cool is that..haha...


* The only door to my room*

* My comfy bed*

* Big study tablle*


*Being random*


**********************************

Since last year when i found out that my birthday falls exactly on a Saturday, i was so excited and wanted to throw a big birthday party but as time grew closer and i started college, i realised i didn't have time to do so and its not necessary. Therefore, when i came back from hostel on friday, all i wanted was a peaceful and quiet time spent with friends and family, without thinking much of celebrating my birthday, i didn't request anything in particular from my parents as they've always been buying and giving my gifts if i may put it that way. I already feel so blessed.

This year's birthday was none like before. Recieved 25++ birthday greetings, Sword Squad sang for me an 'outstandingly' i-do-not-know-how-many-parts birthday song, blew my birthday candle on a slice of cake bought by Szu Li and got embarrased in public coz' Pastor Lim, Joey, Aaron, Szu Li, Sarah, my sis, Nancy and Lionel sang a loud and i mean LOUD birthday song in Mc-D. Everyone in Mc-D was like looking at us!!! And it seems that i literally turned red....haha...All in all, it was a nice way to end/ start my 'new year'. Thank you for that little gesture of taking me out and buying the slice of cake for me. Really enjoyed myself.


* silly milley*

For me, I don't mind Not recieving any presents on my birthday. What I appreciate most is the birthday greetings which my friends made an effort to wish me. For year 2009, I counted, i recieved 25++ birthday greetings and 2 birthday songs were sang for me. To some, recieving 25 birthday greetings might not be many but to me, i really thank them for making the effort to wish me as I didn't expect any birthday greetings from most of them.


* Hazel nut cheese cake...yummm~*


4 comments:

Nancy Alexandra said...

Very glad that you enjoyed yourself. I feel like such a clutz, I keep forgetting to bring your present to pass to you...

Anonymous said...

haha...its ok dear...i'm patient enough to wait for my presents to slowly come...=P...haha....i really enjoyed myself that day =D

Nancy Alexandra said...

Haha Well its good that you did. Now you have a memorable celebration of your 18th birthday. Just wait for your 21st! I'm gonna give you a HUGE surprise... MUAHAHAHHA....

Anonymous said...

hahaha...why tell me now...later i'll really be expecting one..but then it wouldn't be much of a surprise d..haha..