Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hari Koperasi!!!

As you can read, yesterday(monday) was Hari Koperasi for my school. So i as a member of our school koperasi, had to form a team of 4 and sell food or drinks. It was crazy for me.. gosh i don't know how to say. haha. Anyway, all koperasi members are required to participate and there were about 11 groups selling food, drinks and there were even games.

Food and drinks that were on sales :
*pizza
*sushi
*buchetta (sounds familiar?)
*fries
*frizzy longan
*spaghetti
*bubble tea
*hotdog
*jelly
*ice cream
*mushroom soup....and many more

How did it go?My group, sold buchetta and fries. I was quite excited as i was introducing a new food to be sold rather than the boring old sushi, pizza etc. As no other of my friends in my group know how to prepare buchetta, i had to do all the work (and i rather do all the work...at that time.) Anyway, i brought my oven, extension cords with the rest of the ingredients to school. Everything was prepared and just needed to be baked in the oven. Cut the nonsense and after assembly, we set up our stall. each group were given 4 tables. We set up our table at the nearest plug point that can be found but to our horror, the plug for the whole block B can't function. As we are not the only group using electronics, we all worked together to search for other plug points and luckily block A's was functioning, so we shifted our stall to the opposite side which is nearer to block A and plug everything in and we are ready to go! I placed my ingredients on the table and pre-heat my oven and i was already doing my buchetta. I had to go solo as my team members don't know what to do plus they were also busy frying the fries ( we do everything on the spot so its hot and fresh =D). Soon people were coming down to see whats for sale. At first students came and ask what were we selling, i told them ''buchetta, something new but delicious'' and of course they'll ask how much is it so i said '' 2 for RM1.80'' (not that expensive right?). Their reply was walk away..........When that start to happen, i don't feel confident in selling off all the buchetta's and was thinking of lowering the price but then my team said no and wait. So ok, i wait and continue baking. Slowly, one person came and buy, then two, then more came, soon i had so many orders that i can't even handle. Some booked 2,4,8...gosh i was going crazy. I tried to do it as fast as i can. Even as i was busy and 'stressing' up, i was happy that people love the buchetta. hahaha coz' i had comments like '' Carmille, i thought i don't have to say this but....i want more''..muahahaha...ahh the satisfaction.haha..while some, when i asked them ''nice?'', they wanted to say no but they expression gave way and finally they said ''yes, it was delicious''..hahahhaha..another point to Carmille!!! wee!!! I couldn't satisfy everyone as i messed up some orders and those who ordered 4 or 8 buchetta's, at the end i only can give them 2 while some (my teacher who ordered) can't even get to taste it. I felt so sorry for them.So i told them to come back in the afternoon as we will be selling again during the afternoon session recess time.

Honestly i was tired and reluctant to stay back for another session of selling but i still had to. We didn't have much time to prepare actually as we finished school at 1.10 and the afternoon session recess time was 3.30. I told my team that we should straight away buy the ingredients and start preparing but they were being sweet talked by the guys to go and eat the delicious pork noodle and end up i was the only one saying we should go buy the ingredients rather than eating lunch as it'll waste more time, in the end, i had to give in and follow them for lunch. The pork noodle was really good (i told my dad and he say it must be the ajinomoto..hahaha) but by the time we walked to carefour to buy our ingredients, it was already 2.50. By the time we rushed back to my friend house which was near school, it was already 3.15. I don't know why but i keep having this negative attitude and wanting to give up but thank God for my friends, they keep saying we can do it, everything will be fine. We worked together, cutting the bread, cheese and preparing the meat. Everything was done quite fast but it was already 3.45. Luckily my friends know how to bake the buchetta and 2 of my teammates went back to school first to start selling as i was rather not in the mood to sell anymore (no confidence) plus i was tired. I packed up whatever left that was needed to bring to school and start walking there. I had to walk a few roads before reaching school plus i was tired but thank God i met a schoolmate as he was going to pump petrol for his car so he dropped me at school. Once i reached the stall, i could'nt believe that so many people were crowding at our stall to buy and they did not care about the price at all (unlike the morning sessions) and i was surprise to see my class teacher helping out.haha..so pai seh leh. After everything was done, my class teacher finally got her order and we packed everything, clean up the place and went back to my friend house as my stuff was there.

There you go, a day of crazyness for me. There are pics too but will post them later.

5 comments:

siewlee said...

make some for me weii.. haven't tasted it before.. haha.. you made so many times already sure pro in making...hehhe..

on a more serious note, you must try not to give up easily ya. sometimes things may not go your way, there bound to be some difficulties here and there, but you have to tell yourself you can overcome it. =)

Anonymous said...

you amaze me. i'll never do such things for school. If its for church anything also can. But I never loved any of my schools. aha

only BCM....

Oh well, learn more things ok? I come back I expecting a well cooked meal from you

C-mille said...

siewlee : actually i learnt it during youth stall, lionel introduced this finger food to us to sell so i found it unique and yummy. If got chance i will definately make for u to eat. ;)
yea, thanks for the advice, i know,being negative in doing any task wont be much of a help. Yes, i can overcome it with God. =D

Leon : I won't see it as doing it for school , i see it as doing it for gaining experience, taking up challenge and learning to lead..=P..haha..I learned a few tips on cooking but still far away from preparing a well cooked meal..xD..still learning, still learning..i'm sure one day i can cook yummy home cooked food like my mom..hahaha

siewlee said...

haha ok that would be great... so we set a day to come and you cook for us! yay! i remember i wanted to eat something that you made sometime ago but i forgot what is it already lah... nvm lah u make everything that you know.. so that we can just come and eat. make sure it's nice hehehehe =)

Nancy Alexandra said...

Bravo. Or shall I say Brava! Haha... I'm not that creative! And besides, no matter how much I LOVE my school despite it's lack of almost everything (only C-Mille can understand what I'm talking about) I will never do that for my school! Haha. maybe I'll only do it for choir..oh well..thats because I have to.