Monday, October 20, 2008

Friends, Best Friends

Friends.....this word seems so unreal to me, I don't know how to put the right word into what i think about it. Everybody have their own set of friends, I too have friends whom I talk to at times but the odds seems to be heavier on the ''loner'' side. Some of you might say, 'You a loner?' well yeah, believe me, I'm an introvert who is picky with my friends or who I want to talk with.

Lets move on, friends, you can call anyone your friend but what about best friends?closest friend? I'm a person who take friendship as something which is not to play with,I'm sure you readers out there too treasure your friendships. To me, calling a friend my best friend,thats something which must be earned, and to be crushed by your best friend, well I'm not going deeper into that part. Back to what I was saying, its not like just because you have alot in common with that person and you get along well thats why he/she is your best friend. You get along well doesn't mean that person is trustable. Somehow I find it hard to trust people nowadays, I find it hard to trust anyone.

Usually when you're troubled, you seek your best/close friends to talk to right, as they are the person you trust the most. I observe, I listen. People around me whom i know, to see them act, react, respond, and see them having problems of their own, I just can't seem to talk.......Ok, maybe part of it is just me and my attitude problem.Part of it is the trust but part of it is also that I don't want to burden people with anymore thoughts and problems which are not theirs, which is why I can't talk.

Ok, back to my original question, I'm just curious, how do you consider one your best friend/close friend? Let me put it this way, when some one ask you who is your best friend, and you reply ''_____'', why or what made you say him/her as your best friend?

I'm just hoping that you readers can give me some feedback on what do you think. Thanks

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well for me , a good friend or best friend for me, is someone you can rely on in whatever situation, and most of all someone I can trust. Trust enough to share everything in my own life, and trust that whatever shared remains between us both. Trust is most important for me, as i would trust also that I am safe with a good friend and no betrayal will take place in the friendship. However I agree with you, its so hard to trust people nowadays. Its very hard to tell who's true to you and who isn't.

Anonymous said...

Carmille, below is an excerpt which i find 'real' and in need.

Paul J. Wadell reminds us of a fundamental need in all of us:

[... each of us needs someone with whom we can be completely open, someone with whom we can relax our heart. We need someone we trust and feel comfortable enough with to share the secrets, dreams, and hopes of our hearts, including matters of the soul. We need ... a confidant who cares enough for us and respects us so completely that we do not fear revealing to him or to her the deepest parts of who we are, even those aspects of our lives of which we might be embarrassed or ashamed: our failures and fears, struggles and ongoing temptations, even our sinfulness.
We need someone with whom we are able to speak our soul, confident that they will not betray our trust. (Becoming Friends, Grand Rapids, MI:
Brazos Press, 2002, 114)]

Anonymous said...

yes, i do agree that each and everyone of us need someone whom we can be completely open to, and honestly i'm in need of that someone but now, the question is to find that someone whom we can trust and feel comfortable sharing it with.