Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ice skating


Ice skating.

The title says it all.
I just have this sudden urge to go ice skating...
oh what about tomorrow then!

Hold on a minute, I can't!
Why?
Coz'
1. my trials is next week
2. I haven't finish studying
3. Its freaking expensive to skate during the school holidays
4. school holidays = crowds ( hate squeezing with em')

Bah!!
I guess i'll just go after my trials.
I WILL GO after my trials!
*
*
*
*
*




I just caught a glimps of a figure skating competition video clip on tv and i had flash back on how good it used to feel when i was skating and the wind was blowing on my face, skating gracefully, feeling confident and fresh! Thats when i had this 'craving'/urge to want to skate.

I can't exactly remember when was the 1st time i ice skate but i do remember how i know how to ice skate. It all started from roller blading. I did not learnt how to do so alone. It was actually my dad who taught me to roller blade on a badminton court! And from there, he brought me to the ice skating ring and slowly hone my skating skills. The best part is that my dad did not know how to skate at all! neither on roller blades nor ice skates. Whenever he was teaching me, he was wearing slippers and i was with the skates. Even in the skating ring, he was outside the ring instructing me, guiding me. How cool is that!

The secret to him being able to teach me how to skate even though he did not know how to is his observing skills. Never underestimate the power of the observing skills and I admire my dad for that! =D

I am very proud that i am able to ice skate and even more proud when i told them that my dad was the one who taught me to skate even thought he himself did not know how to. Of course my ice skating skills cannot be compared to those figure skaters who took lessons from professionals. I cannot do stunts like a hop or a spin but at least i know my basics very well.

I find figure skating a very graceful sport. Its just so beautiful watching professional skaters glide on the ice, moving so 'swiftly'. Even though i cannot do stunts but i enjoy skating and feeling the wind on my face and fantasising being able to move like how figure skaters are able to. Its just a whole new and different experience for me.





P.S : Dear, i want to go ice skating *puppy eyes*

No comments: